The United States is full of beautiful landscapes, breathtaking waterfalls, lively cities, and plenty of adventure to go with it! There is so much to see and do across all 50 states that it’s hard to narrow it down. All 50 items on this list are an adventure in their own way and there are a few not so common ideas to fuel your inner thrill-seeker! Pack your bags and get ready for epic exploration with this USA travel bucket list!
1. Capture the light beams at Antelope Canyon
To note: you must book a tour with a Native Navajo to explore the Antelope Canyon. You can capture the stunning light beams in the upper canyon! The upper canyon is slightly more expensive and crowded than the lower one.
2. See the Northern Lights in Alaska
3. Attend a Broadway show in NYC
4. Live it up at Nashville’s Honky Tonks
Nashville is full of honky-tonks that are sure to get you out on the dance floor!
5. White water raft down the Colorado River
6. Hot air balloon in Napa Valley
Soar over hundreds of vineyards, the rolling hills and spot the breathtaking coastline.
7. Visit the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
8. Take a helicopter ride over NYC
Catch a bird’s eye view of the big apple and soar over the Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island, Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty!
9. Get lost in Sequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park is home to some of the largest trees in the world, including the General Sherman Tree which is over 250ft tall and 35ft in diameter!
10. Eat Cajun food in Louisiana
11. Hit the slopes in Colorado
From Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, and Telluride, there are plenty of slopes to choose from!
12. Skydive in Hawaii
13. Hike the Grand Canyon
There are plenty of hiking trails at the Grand Canyon. Research before your trip to find which one best suits you!
14. Take a boat to Alcatraz
15. Visit the tallest arch in St. Louis
16. Catch a fish at Pike Place Market
Pike place is known for their tradition of throwing a fish if you’ve purchased it! Don’t worry they’ll wrap it for you once you catch it!
17. Take a road trip down the Oregon Coast
18. Paddle board in Lake Tahoe above the crystal clear waters
19. Visit Yosemite National Park
Plan a couple of days for your visit to Yosemite. There is so much to do and see including hiking, rock climbing, picture-perfect viewpoints, stunning waterfalls and plenty of wildlife!
20. Stroll down the San Antonio River Walk
21. Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
22. Take a dip in Havasu Falls in Arizona
The clear baby blue water against the firey colored rocks is a sight to see. However, reaching the Havasu Falls can be a challenge. What you need to know: The hike begins on an Indian Reservation, there are no roads in or out, it’s a 10-mile hike each way, you must stay overnight in the canyon and reserve a permit months in advance. However, it’s worth the beauty and adventure!
23. What happens in Vegas . . . stays in Vegas
24. Drive down the Pacific Coast Highway
The Pacific Coast Highway makes for the perfect road trip! Start in San Francisco and make your way down to San Diego while stopping at iconic spots including Monterey, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Malibu, Los Angeles, and Long Beach.
25. Take a tour to Ellis Island
26. Go for a morning jog in Central Park
27. Marvel at Niagra Falls
Take a boat tour or try one of many hikes to reach spectacular views of the falls.
28. Visit the smallest state in the US: Rhode Island
29. Eat Seafood in Massachusetts
Coastal Massachusetts is one of the best places to eat seafood in the US!
30. Go mountain biking in Moab, Utah
31. Snap a selfie with the faces at Mt. Rushmore
While you’re there, check out Sylvan Lake, take a hike, or go rock climbing!
32. Hike through Glacier National Park
33. Go surfing in Oahu
Regardless of your skill level, Oahu is the perfect place to catch a wave. Search for board rentals and lessons in advance!
34. Sandboard at the Great Sand Dunes National Park
35. Eat finger-licking BBQ in Texas
The best BBQ will always be a topic up for debate. I would love to try all of them. For the purpose of this list, we’re choosing to eat BBQ in Texas!
36. Skip through the lavender fields at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm
37. Sip on wine in Napa Valley
While in Napa, visit Sonoma County – another wine region located less than 2 hours east of Napa.
38. Get a taste of Cuba in Little Havana
39. Roadtrip from Miami to Florida Keys
With 42 bridges connecting the island, you’ll pass by palm trees and mangroves, sandy white beaches, historical sights and charming islands. It feels like you can stretch your hand out the window and touch the turquoise blue waters!
40. Hike through the ice caves in Washington
Who knew Washington has ice caves? Less than 2 hours away from Seattle and a short 2.5-mile hike and you will reach the beautiful Big Four Ice Caves.
41. Bike down Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier
42. Jetski off of Miami Beach
43. Eat deep dish pizza in Chicago
Uno Pizzeria, Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s?
44. Catch a rodeo in Wyoming
Rodeo’s consist of several main events, so hold on because it’s going to be a wild ride! (Cheesy I know). Be sure to dress the part and visit a local shop for authentic western wear.
45. Take a ferry to Orcas Island
46. Base jump from Twins Fall Bridge
This is for all of you thrill-seekers out there.
47. Explore Yellowstone National Park
48. Live your inner child at Walt Disney World
49. Ice skate at the Rockefeller Center
The ultimate winter tradition! Ice skate across the rink with holiday lights and spirit all around you! Remember to purchase your tickets in advance!
50. And if you want to see it all … drive route 66
That’s a Wrap!
With 50 States, the USA is full of unique experiences ranging from stunning national parks, thrilling hikes, must try foodie destinations, and inspiring road trips! Which epic adventure are you most excited about? What’s on your USA travel bucket list?
Save me for later!